Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Scott!

I’ve always been a huge fan of scientists, in fiction and in history. From Doc Brown to Dr. Strangelove, Tesla to Einstein, Dexter to Egon, and of course Dr. Sheldon Cooper. So when I saw this photo on deviantart of this mad scientist I just couldn’t pass on the opportunity to draw him.

Since a kid, I always dreamed of being a scientist experimenting on things and coming up with equations and creating death rays, anti-proton bombs and robot slaves. But the only experiment I experienced was dissecting frogs from a school activity, and bending chicken bones using vinegar. I even joined the science club in high school just to quench my thirst for experiments, but it only left me disappointed.

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.” - Nikola Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment